Monday, September 18, 2006

Spooks Is Back



Series 5 of Spooks began last night. I admit to being very excited, it is one of the best programmes on TV at the moment and proof that British TV can do more than costume dramas and soaps.

It increasingly appears to be following the example of 24 - make the stories that bit far-fetched so that it is sheer escapism. But put that little bit of truth into it that makes you think.

Another couple of similarities - not all politicians are portrayed as craven slimeballs and they aren't afraid to kill off characters that we all like in shocking and upsetting manners.

Welcome back Spooks. It's going to be a great 10 weeks.

2 comments:

essjay said...

Hey there !!

A great 10 weeks indeed, I am really looking forward to part two tonight !!

I haven't seen 24 so I can't compare, but I think you are right with what you are saying about the characters and storylines.

Enjoy part two tonight !!!

essjay xxx xox

Anonymous said...

I missed it! Must watch it next week. A pity it isn't repeated, but hope to catch up with part-two tonight.