Friday, November 24, 2006

My Birthday Meme

Paul has tagged me with this meme based on my birthday.

1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays and one death
5) One holiday or observance (if any)

So I did

Three Notable Events

1170 - Thomas Becket murdered in Canterbury Cathedral
1845 - Texas is admitted as the 28th US State (yee-haw)
1937 - The Irish Free State replaced by a new state called Ireland with the adoption of a new constitution

Two Important Birthdays

1721 - Madame de Pompadour, mistress of King Louis XV of France
1808 - Andrew Johnson, 17th President of the United States

One Notable Death

1916 - Grigory Rasputin, the mad, virtually unkillable Russian monk

Holidays

Fouth day of Christmas
Optional memorial of said Thomas Becket

I enjoyed that one - as always I won't tag anyone, but interested to know if anyone else participates and what results are.

No comments: