Monday, November 13, 2006

Red Road

Congratulations to everyone involved in the film Red Road which did so well at the Scottish Baftas last night. I haven't been to see it yet, but I do intend to - for the first 25 years of my life I lived right across the road from the flats - except I was in the posh "block" houses.

The one thing that's confusing me a bit is the description of the flats - notorious. I don't know why they are notorious. Apparently they are. But I've never noticed it. It's funny, people look on other's lives and backgrounds and make judgements, but the people who live that life never make those same jusgements. You hear often people saying they didn't realise they were deprived until someone told them they were - that was just their life. Same with me, I never knew until now I live in a notorious area. It was just home.

No comments: