Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's Thuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrsday



Thirteen Things about Louise




The Musicals
1 Les Miserables - the best stage musical ever
2 Singin' In The Rain - the best film musical ever!

3 Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
4 Calamity Jane
5 Moulin Rouge - brought the movie musical screaming into the 21st century
6 Annie
7 West Side Story
8 Evita - both the stage and movie version, Madonna doesn't disappoint
9 Jesus Christ Superstar
10 Oklahoma - Hugh Jackman made a wonderful Curly
11 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat - Pharoah as Elvis. Pure Genius
12 Miss Saigon
13 Pirates of Penzance - more operetta than musical, but still deserving.

And the one I don't like - South Pacific, don't know why but it just leaves me cold.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Carmen

2. Wystful 1
3. Mary
4. Kelly
5. Friday's Child
6. Pixie Princess Mom
7. Lady Jane

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 comments:

Carmen said...

For some reason, I love Broadway musicals, but can't get into movie musicals. :)

Wystful1 said...

Love musicals!! I just love 'em.

My Thurs 13 is posted

Kelly said...

I wasn't a fan of South Pacific either!
I still need to see the technicolor dream coat.

Les Mis is spectacular!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Musical shows are wonderful. I love to see them. There are a few in your lists that are my favorites.
My T13 is up too.

Pixie said...

I *love* Moulin Rouge! I vaguely remember seeing 7 Brides for 7 Brothers; was something my Mom was watching. Don't know much about the rest of your list; but looks good! :-)

Lady Jane said...

I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Calamity Jane. Great musicals!