Monday, August 21, 2006

Three Things About Me

From Paul at Mars Hill.

The MEME of three.

1... Things that scare me.

Flying
Crocodiles/Alligators - they don't belong in this time, they should have gone with the dinosaurs
Heights

2.…People who make me laugh.

Billy Connolly
The cast of Avenue Q - went to see it last week, very good
People who fall over on the street - cruel, but true.

3...Things I hate the most

Obnoxious Drivers
People who barge past you in the street/on the tube - everyone is so much more important than everyone else
American spelling - we spell things with s's in Britain, not z's

4...Things I don't understand.

Numbers (as in accounts and maths)
Why people think ID cards will protect us from terrorists
Why weather forecasts have to come from outside. We don't need a shivering, wet woman in the Blue Peter garden to illustrate that it is actually cold and wet outside.

5...Things I'm doing right now.

Writing these answers
Working out my "to-do" list for the day
Thinking about tidying my desk

6...Things I want to do before I die

Have a novel published
Learn to scuba dive
Own my own home

7...Things I can do

Play Twinkle Twinkle on the violin - nearly
Laze around the house all day long and not feel at all guilty
Play badminton

8...Ways to describe my personality

Kind
Thoughtful - but can be thoughtless at the same time
Apt to be grumpy at times

9...Things I can't do

Sing
Ride a bike
Jog - I've tried, I get 10 yards before it hurts

10...Things I think you should listen to

Scenes from An Italian Restaurant by Billy Joel
Flower of Scotland as performed by The Corries - gets the patriotic blood flowing
The Avenue Q soundtrack

11...Things you should never listen to

Heavy Metal - it hurts
Menzies Campbell - just, why would you?
People who tell you constantly why they are right and everyone else is wrong

12...Things I'd like to learn

To Scuba Dive
Another language - preferably a European language
How to fly - it may help cure my fear of flying


13...Favorite foods

Rare steak, cooked for my dinner tonight please
Bacon and egg sandwich
Chicken something - risotto at the moment

14...Beverages I drink regularly.

Diet Coke
Irn-Bru - best hangover cure in the world
Water

15...Shows I watched as a kid

The A-Team
Diff'rent Strokes
Press Gang


16...People I'm tagging.

You
You
You

Sorry, weak joke, I tend not to tag people but would love to see anyone elses answers. Its a tougher meme than you might think.

1 comment:

Ellee Seymour said...

I had a similar wish about scuba diving, and have now passed my PADI 1, though I was terrified. I also wish to learn a foreign language and keep trying to pick up on French, but prefer to speak with native teachers and they always move on just as I am getting stuck into it. I have also started playing a musical instrument, the clarinet, learning how to read music from scratch. I really enjoy this, but it has been neglected due to my gladding.

My main regret is that I no longer have time for reading good books, I always fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow at night and my days are far too busy.